Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Time: Tanning

Good morning everyone! Summer is well on its way with the first week of June almost to an end. With the beginning of summer comes beach wear, sun, and tanning! By this time of the year I am already a nice golden brown (in my earlier years way darker) however, I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday and gasped! I was not tan at all, I was very light, lighter than I normally am. So, I made plans to go tanning the next day out by the pool but, I forgot I had class and work. I realized I didn't have time to tan until the weekend. So instead of moping around I was proactive and went out to get one of those self tanners that gradually makes your skin darker. I went for Jergen's Natural Glow, I heard some good reviews from friends plus, it moisturizes which is what our skin needs on these hot summer days. So far I've noticed the difference from a week ago. For the weekend though I have my Hawaiian Tropics tanning lotion which works perfectly, I swear you can get tan by laying out for 10 min. 

When looking for tanning items make sure you always get something that moisturizes, is easy to use, and protects! You can always add a sun screen so you are still protecting your skin while you tan. If your willing to splurge on a self tanner I suggest ST. Tropez. I've researched about it and it looks promising. I'm actually going to go get one myself to help my tan along since I don't have much time on my hands to sit out and tan. Always be protect your skin when tanning, sunscreen is your lifesaver in keeping your skin looking good and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment