Monday, August 26, 2013

DIY: Dream Catcher

Hey everyone! For my first DIY post I decided to make my favorite symbol/decoration/item...a dream catcher. I have had my eye on dream catchers from a young age. Their creation, their design, their mystical, symbolic meaning of catching bad dreams and being good luck. All of it just catches my eye. I have been wanting to make a dream catcher for quite a while so, last week I decided to have a craft day and craft all the Pinterest DIYs I have been wanting to try. I got the design for the center weave from Pinterest and some inspiration ideas as well. All of my supplies were from Micheals but you can get them from wherever you prefer. 

Items needed:
  • Circle for the wreath (I used brown covered wire for bouquets)
  • String for the center, preferably cotton string
  • Scissors
  • Glue Gun
  • Assortments of ribbons + charms
  • feathers

So I started by making a circle with the wire to look like the wreath below. Once you have done that, tie your string and weave it into the pattern shown in the image below.
Image from Pinterest
After you have finished weaving, you can add ribbons, feathers, and charms by gluing and tying them onto the base or however you feel our dream catcher should look.
Once your done hang it above your bead and say bye to the bad dreams!

Heres my DIY result:






No comments:

Post a Comment