Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Health + Fitness: Paleo Challenge

Original image found on Pinterest


In an effort to make my body + lifestyle healthier I have joined a Paleo Challenge at my Crossfit gym for this month. This challenge consists of 28 days and is judged on a point system. It has always been very difficult for me to keep a strict way of eating. I mean I eat fairly healthy most of the time it is just the sweets and carbs that get me! Which is mainly why I decided to participate in this challenge so that I can take another step into living a healthier lifestyle.

For those that do not know what Paleo is here is a short summary... Paleo is basically a "caveman" diet. You only eat the basic foods and foods with ingredients that are known and easily understood. Your diet consists of  protein (meat, chicken, fish, pork) that comes from all natural, grass fed animals, veggies (don't have to be organic but is preferred), minimal fruits because they are high in sugar most of the time, and good fats such as avocado, almonds, coconut oil, and olive oil. You cannot or are limited to eating dairy, breads, grains, sweets, and alcohol. Sounds hard right?! but it can be done!

So, to get myself motivated and pumped for this I have started a health journal. I decided to get one from May Designs because their template for this is simple and too the point plus, they have super cute designs! Also, it helps that my fellow Crossfit buddies and boyfriend are their to keep me on track and stay positive.

Have you made a change to live a healthier lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment