Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DIY Dreamcatcher Part 2

Hey everyone I'm back doing another Dreamcatcher on my wonderful day off and thought I would share with how I did it this time around. I did make it smaller and had a different pattern to the center piece. Hope you like it!

So your going to need some wool string, scissors, wire covered or not covered (your choice), and maybe some of that tape you use for flower arrangements ( sorry I'm not sure about the name). I used the wire as the circle for the dream catcher. I simply wrapped it around itself until I got the size I wanted. Be careful with cutting the wire with the scissors so you don't mess up your scissors. What I do is cut then bend the wire were I cut it and if it doesn't break ill kind of cut again in the same area and bend it again until it snaps.
After that I tied the string around he top of the wreath a few times then, just wrapped the string around the wreath part of the Dreamcatcher in a messy patter. For this dream catcher I didn't want a specific pattern or anything. I kind of just wanted it to be abstract and to go with the flow you know. 
After you have achieved your desired patter you can get all of your different materials together to create the "drapery" as I call it. For this part you don't have to be so traditional in using leather, burlap, and just feathers and beads. Get creative with it and add some yarn or ribbon, maybe even some random charms if you'd like. Make it yours!
Here was my final result! I hope yours comes out awesome as well. Let me see it by using #diysparkleandshineblog or comment below. Happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment