Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Workout Favorites

Working out is a big part of my life and has always been for the most part. I always try to stay in shape and be a healthy person for myself and my loved ones. I know working out isn't all that fun but what makes working out better, I think, is the fashion. Yes, working out can have fashion in it!

When I go to Crossfit I always see the cute outfits all my friends have and I also try to make an effort to not look frumpy. If you look frumpy while working out it doesn't really motivate you to look or be better, it just motivates you to go home and sit on your couch, well from my experience anyway. So, I always try to find workout clothes that are comfy, colorful (just shirts & shoes mostly), and fits correctly. Just because it looks cute on someone else doesn't mean its going to be the same for you.

I always try to stay in with the darker colors when it comes to my bottoms. I go for black or grey never really too much pattern. Once in a while yes but they always make my legs look funky so I try to stick with solids. Shoes, however, are a different story! I always look for the colorful, fun shoes with pattern, but I also make sure they are functional for the activity I want to do. You always have to have a specific shoe for every activity. It is better for your feet in the long run so you don't mess up anything.

I just always think that you should look for what makes you feel amazing and makes you want to keep going everyday to achieve your goal.

1. Old Navy Compression Pants 

2. Old Navy Pull Over

3. Old Navy Active Mesh Top
(I really like Old Navy's active wear collection. The material is up to par with keeping everything in place if you know what I mean and it makes me feel comfy and cute.)

4. Lululemon Yoga Mat- If you get this mat you will never need another mat again. I know it is pricey but definitely an    investment to make in my opinion. I never slip when I get too sweaty!

5. Inov-8 Shoes- A minimalist shoe for training purposes mostly. I have ran with them but I have a high arch so they hurt my feet a little (which is why I say each activity needs a certain shoe). Great colors and perfect for Crossfit and weightlifting workouts! Make sure with these you go somewhere were they can fit them to your feet and get you the correct lift that you need. Every foot is unique lol.

6. Hydro Flask- A big thing when you work out is to stay hydrated at all times. I just recently got a hydro flask myself because of all the positive feedback from friends. They say you'll never need to buy another bottle after you have this one. Im really liking it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment