Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Food File: M.Y.O Breakfast Tostadas

So... I realized I had started writing this post last week and never finished! Wow, my head has been in Spring Break mode haha.

Anyway, I never really post about recipes because most of the time I always forget to take photos but this time I remembered! Two Sundays ago we had make your own (M.Y.O) breakfast tostadas for breakfast that morning. I love making this recipe because you can add whatever you want without having a straight forward recipe to follow. So here it goes!

I originally found this recipe from my Sprouted Kitchen cook book. I mostly never really have the exact ingredients so I improvised.

What you will need:
- black beans or refried beans
- corn tortillas
- olive oil
- brown/ cage free eggs
- toppings of your choosing


1. You definitely want to have a base for you tostadas. I used my mom's beans that she saves for me. You can use any refried beans or use black beans and mash them up for a healthier choice than refried. The tostada part is just corn tortillas toasted in the oven for about 8 min. Make sure to brush some olive oil on them.


2. For your toppings go with whatever you feel like eating that morning. I went with avocado (my favorite), bacon, green peppers, and onions. You will want to get these ready while you are toasting the tortillas. Keep them warm by placing the plate you put them on on the stove.



3. Once the tortillas are ready I begin to cook the egg so they won't get cold. I always like to buy the brown eggs, just my personal preference. The way I cook my eggs is by placing a lid over it so that it cooks evenly all the way around. That way when I want to flip it the yolk doesn't break.


4. Make sure to spread your beans first on the tortillas while you are cooking your egg. Once your egg is ready to go, place it on the tortilla/tostada and start adding your toppings! Yum!

Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment