Friday, March 21, 2014

Interior Design File: Bathroom Re-do

I finally got a chance to re-do my bathroom this week! Yah! I have been planning to do that since we moved and just never got around to doing it (shame on me). Anyway, I have a small bathroom...like really small. My apartment complex was built in the 1940s-1950s so things were a lot smaller back then and they didn't really have codes or spacial requirements but, I work with it.
I didn't really have a color scheme before I updated. I kind of just put whatever in there because I had other parts of the apartment to put together and I left the poor bathroom for last. The bathroom has black and white tile and a hollywood strip style wall mount for lighting. So I placed a grey rug, brown woven laundry basket, silver accessories, and a blue and white striped shower curtain for the mean time....I know, horrible right! I don't know why I let it go on this long.


For the re-do, I decided to go with a light grey color scheme and neutrals. I think that it is best to keep your bathroom neutral, like your bedroom, because these places are your private/kind of stress relieving places that should stay calming. I don't think you can be calm with fluorescent lighting with green and yellow colors everywhere. Also, I think its just a classic/timeless color scheme that goes with anything. I mostly got my stuff from Target (love Target!) cause its affordable with nice products for a college students on a budget, and my laundry basket is from TJ Maxx/Homegoods (again affordable for people on a budget). 
Now, the biggest part I didn't mention in the beginning is that it only took me three pieces to change the whole vibe of my bathroom! I only changed the laundry basket, shower curtain and rug! Honestly probably just changing your shower curtain can give your bathroom a whole new look. That way you don't have to go spending all this money, unless you have a luxury, 10' x 10' bathroom then you probably need some more items to spruce it up lol. Have a good one everyone!

Excuse the dirty clothes lol

No comments:

Post a Comment